Why conduct enhanced due diligence background investigations?
There are a number of legitimate reasons to order an investigation into potential business partners, clients, or vendors. At the core of most reasons, clients want to simply evaluate business relations. Therefore, we are requested to find out everything possible about the key executives at target companies, the financial condition of the firm, and any litigation the company may be involved with.
Additional Common Reasons Clients Order Due Diligence Background Checks:
- Business Partners Screening
- Client Identification Programs
- Customer Acquisitions
- Screen Suppliers/Distributors
- New Vendor Alliances
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Joint Ventures
- Hiring or Placing Key Executives
- Property Management
What can a business background check reveal?
- A partner to a strategic alliance with a history of fraud.
- Supplier or contractor who has been repeatedly sued for breach of contract.
- Customer with current or past financial troubles who may breach a contract.
- Acquisition targets with unethical business practices or criminal records.
- A prospective client with a history of filing liability claims against vendors and suppliers.
- A track record of fraudulent business practices.
Enhanced due diligence into the financial, professional, personal, and legal status of those you may enter into business with is a pre-emptive strike that can prevent you and your company from making expensive and embarrassing errors that effect the bottom line.
About the Author: Dennis E. Drellishak Sr. is the CEO and founder of Corporate Screening and recognized as a leading authority in the business information services industry. He has more than 30 years of experience forming, growing, leading and managing successful employment screening and business investigation service organizations.
CSBusinessScreen.com is a service of Corporate Screening & Investigations, Inc. that provides customizable background checks for business to business relationships. Our services include background checks for Business Relationship Screening, Company Officer Screening, Customer Due Diligence (CDD), Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD), Know Your Customer (KYC) Screening, and Anti Money Laundering (AML) compliance programs.